rice

Rice is a cinch to store! It doesn't typically get bugs, doesn't require cleaning and has a multitude of uses (including rice heating pads). Rice can be ground and used as rice flour. It's also the perfect accompaniment to black beans, in my opinion, of course. I buy large bags of rice at Costco or whenever it's on sale. I transfer those bags into large plastic buckets. Rice is probably the most rotated longer-term storage item that I have. I keep one bucket upstairs in my pantry with a gamma lid (look for a future post on gamma lids) on top for easy access.

Brown rice is not ideal to store long term. It still has some fat in it and will go rancid. You can store smaller quantities in your freezer. Storing some white rice, jasmine rice and basmati rice can add variety to your storage.
You have just read the article entitled rice. Please read the article from Bednars 8 About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://bednars8.blogspot.com/2008/08/rice.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Bednars 8